Friday, March 6, 2009

Awesome On A Stick In Champaign

Chapter Sixteen is going well.  Kind of slow, but with a bit of tidying up, it'll do fine.

Mainly, I saw a bit of amazing news today, and I'm mad I didn't see it earlier but--I'll take it.  Rick Riordan, author of Percy Jackson, is coming to Champaign!  I was struck dumb when I saw it on his blog. I mean, Champaign?  Why come to Podunk Central when you're from San Antonio?  But, then I basically passed out and looked it up to confirm, and yes.  He's going to be in the public library on Monday. Gag with joy!  Unfortunately, this news apparently went out Feb 16, and when I called to see if there were spots left, the librarian laughed at me and said, "Honey, the tickets sold out fifteen minutes after we opened the phone lines."  Oh.  Right (So like the Hannah Montana concert of the children's literary world?).  I forgot Mr. Riordan is more popular amongst children than PB&J sandwiches and roller shoes. My mistake.

But!  But, I am still allowed to go to the book signing.  He's only signing books for an hour and forty-five minutes, and the librarian warned me that there will be lots and lots of people there.  Fear not.  I will go two hours early to wait in line, after my classes are over on Monday.  You chil'uns better watch out.  I can and will elbow you out of my way to get that book signed.  I am a college student amongst you junior highers; I can and will take advantage of that.  I will wait however long necessary to get that wonderful signature. Lunch/dinner will have to wait until after I get my book signed.  Percy Jackson > food.  Obviously.  Given a choice between the two, I'd pick the former every time.  :-)

I'm so excited.  I can't believe the awesome, amazing, praise-worthy author of Percy Jackson is coming where I currently live!  I've obviously become the very definition of psycho fan, but whatever. I've never gotten a book signed by someone I remotely care about before.  I really, really, REALLY hope I get there in time.

1 comment: