Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Next Step (Wheeee!)

I'm sorry I have such lame titles.  I literally sat here for like four minutes trying to think of something eye-catching.  I am far too addicted to this blog.  I've practically posted something every day this month. 

On the plus side, I guess I check Facebook way less, which is good.  Because my writing blog is more educational than Facebook.

Today, I bought "On Writing" by Sol Stein.  It's supposed to be a pretty decent craft book.  I visited my high school too, and my history teacher (who also writes) assured me every chapter was mind-blowing.  So he better not be lying, because now I fully expect a religious experience upon reading this thing.

More importantly, he said he would be my critique partner.  I've been looking for one, and I feel happier having someone I know than a random over the internet.  He's finished his first novel too, so we agreed to swap.  And he promised to be very critical.  I'm a bit scared, because I have a thin skin for that kind of thing, but I need someone to be mean so I can get better.

My high school teachers are so awesome.

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I'm so happy for you. :) Good Betas are worth their weight in gold. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Congrats on finding a critique partner. We all need them - you can tell by the size of the acknowledgement page in novels ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for finding a critique partner... =] I might want to get one of those sometime soon...

    And I get the feeling, for some reason, that I'd think high school teachers were somewhat more awesome if I was no longer in high school and they were no longer assigning me 20 page history papers...

    ReplyDelete