Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reboot

ATRS is saved.  I spent three hours working out kinks with my friend, which ended up turning into a total revamping of the whole book.  It's going to require pretty much ripping up the whole manuscript, other than a few key plot points from the first, but it's going to be a billion times better.  I'm really glad.  I've been stuck in a rut for nearly two weeks, having no idea where to go.

Now I do!

If this thing ever sees the light of day in a bookstore, Jessi is going to get a whole page of acknowledgements and undying thanks.

Have you ever talked over your novel with a friend and had a lightbulb moment where suddenly everything becomes clear?  I think I can write all night.  That's a new feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a breakthrough. :) Aren't friends terrific? Happy writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say a friend in person has helped me with the lightbulb, but many of you online here have inspired me at various moments. Congrats on your breakthrough.

    ReplyDelete