Also, blogger-like people have given me awards!
One from Amanda J (THANKS SO MUCH):
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
- Each SuperiorScribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
There. And I nominate:
1. Weronika Janczuk. She is superior in every way, in scribbling and otherwise.
2. Jill Kemerer. I particularly enjoyed her series this month on vacations complete with beautiful pictures.
3. Rebecca Sutton. For having a superior scribbling year and accomplishing so much.
4. Krispy. For being generally awesome and kick-ass.
5. Sarah. For being hilarious and my Canadian role model at life.
Also, from Tere Kirkland:
Many thanks for this award. I am very touched. Funny story which is probably not funny to anyone except myself. Senior year of high school, I was co-editor-in-chief of our annual literary publication, Brome and Beyond, and the issue we put out that year was called Silver Lining, which subsequently went on to win the Highest Award in state for high school literary magazines.
I pass this award on to everyone who reads this blog, ever. Because you help me see the silver lining in my writing. So feel free to display the award as you see it. You are all wonderful!
Also, I know some of you have e-readers, and I wanted to let you know that Maureen Johnson, in her infinite generosity, is offering FREE ELECTRONIC COPIES of Suite Scarlett. Read all about it right here. No catch. Just free book plus sneak preview of sequel. The best thing is that even if you don't have an e-reader, you can get an electronic copy just for your computer. Basically, the message here is: who cares whether you've heard of this book or whether you care about her genre of writing, IT IS A FREE BOOK. Nobody sane turns down free things, so don't be That Insane Person. Downloadable until January 15. She is a bestselling author, so you can expect something of quality. One day I want to be Libba Bray partly so I can be friends with Maureen Johnson.*
Merry Christmas, everybody. It's the very best time of the year.
*Since it's impossible to be both of them, I settle for what I can.