Saturday, June 26, 2010

Things Learned This Week

Just because I thought these things were important enough to merit a blog post.

1) Do not wear eye makeup to a Pixar movie. Ever. Yeah, I made that mistake when I went to Toy Story 3. I'm fairly sure my friend and I were the only people crying at the end, but I'm also fairly sure that everyone could hear us. Man, how the years go by, huh? We grew up with Andy! 

2) Rubbing your ears helps you relax. Or so the radio told me yesterday. You are supposed to press your ears against your head 4-5 times and then rub the hard bony part on the backs of your ears for 20 seconds. I don't know if this actually works or if it's a placebo thing because now I expect it to happen. Oh, the funny things you learn on the radio.

3) The Hobbit is getting a new director. Remember how they were going to make The Hobbit into two movies and Guillermo del Toro was supposed to direct with Peter Jackson producing? Yeah, well, because I periodically Wikipedia Lord of the Rings, I found that del Toro apparently backed out in May. I was kind of sad until I read that Peter Jackson is now in negotiations to direct, which makes me very, very happy. I was feeling skeptical that anyone else could pull of a good book-to-movie adaptation, but I have no doubts that if Jackson does The Hobbit, it won't disappoint. Plus, lots of original cast members are coming, including Sir Ian McKellan (!!!!!!). To date, I don't believe anyone has made a movie adaptation that is equal or better than the original book, except for Lord of the Rings. I can enjoy Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia movies, but they just don't measure up to the books in the slightest. Don't even get me started on Twilight.

Also, listen to this because it makes you happy (Concerning Hobbits):



Secret: You know how everyone always wants to be an elf because they're all pretty and can shoot arrows and stuff? I always wanted to be a hobbit.

4 comments:

  1. I like the three things you shared. *grin*

    I've yet to see Toy Story 3, and I cannot wait for The Hobbit. I am very glad we have the same taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. Everyone from my age group to my sister's age group who I've talked to shed COPIOUS TEARS at the end of Toy Story 3. I think it's totally that it's a classic of our generation type thing. Well, my friend who never cries didn't cry, but her mom did. So I think that counts for something.

    YAY for Peter Jackson and the Hobbit!!! :D I love the soundtrack for those movies. And you are correct. LOTR is totally the best book-to-movie adaptation I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cool for words. I am so stoked for The Hobbit movie. And yes, LOTR is by far the best book to movie adaptation ever. I'm also right with you about being a hobbit instead of an elf. They have the coolest houses ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric - Right?! Who wouldn't want to live in the Shire!

    ReplyDelete