Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When Life Decides To Punch You In The Eye

I have an eye infection. Which would normally not be that big of a deal, but I don't have backup glasses right now and my prescription is -5.00 in one eye and -5.25 in the other, both with astigmatism. I'm using medicated eye drops, but I can't put in contacts. My glasses aren't coming in until next Tuesday. PROBLEM.

My right eye. I am also seeking The One Ring.

I am blind. My face is about six inches away from the screen typing this.

And this really irks me because I wanted to get my 2,000 words in this week, but there's no way I can stare at a computer screen for a prolonged amount of time without corrective lenses of some sort. I KNOW; I have great priorities. Cannot see = CANNOT WRITE. (I did get 1,100 already this week, so I guess it's not a total loss.) I finished The Subtle Knife as well, because let's face it, I can't do anything except cook and read -- holding the book right up to my face -- at my apartment.

But also, I'm going to have a hell of a time going to class and taking notes. Plus, I still have to work, and I do feel bad about this actually, because it means I can't help out a whole lot with copy editing. I can only supervise. And try not to run into anybody. Going to work in T minus one hour.

Okay, so maybe the first picture was a SLIGHT exaggeration. 
This is pretty realistic, though. The facial expression as well.

8 comments:

  1. You always make me laugh! Looking for the one ring...I'm dying!

    Seriously though, I'm really sorry you're blind, unable to work, and without contacts. Not fun. Of course, you won't be able to read this until you get the contacts, so hopefully it's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just don't go to Mordor with a gaggle of hobbits, and all should be well ;)

    Seriously, though, that stinks :( I had to stop wearing my contacts on an everyday basis when I had a psychotic stye. To this day (it's been over a year), the stye will come back (despite an awful lot of antibiotics, tons of eye drops, and even surgical removal) if I wear my contacts for more than a day at a time. I have to plan dates well ;)

    So the moral of the story is, make sure you use the medicine the way your doctor prescribed it.

    Oh ... and good luck : )!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is freaky. My right eye looks just like that today. All the white is red. I think it's an allergic reaction.
    I wish you well trying to see and get to work and school. (at least I have glasses) :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK! I mean, you are a trooper. I don't know how I'd make it without any of my corrective lenses. Eep.

    On another note, just saw Black Swan this weekend. It was equally amazing and freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow! I'm so sorry, but I hope you don't bump into anything deadly. And if you do find the One Ring, remember that I'm a friend, not a minion. Forget what Gandalf said. We can share the power, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, thanks guys. It's my own stupid fault that I didn't order the glasses sooner. Seriously, I could've gotten an eye infection four days from now, and I wouldn't care. As long as I can see.

    Eric - I will definitely keep that in mind. I actually told my roommate that whenever I'm having tough times, I think about Frodo and Sam climbing up Mt. Doom to destroy the ring and it gives me hope. My life is one giant LotR analogy.

    Krispy - I liked it too! I love ballerinas. And psycho-thrillers. Yay!

    Kung - Hello. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek, that sounds awful! I hope you feel better soon. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete