You know how Marie Claire magazine does that section "Hey, it's OK to ..." and then list random, embarrassing or bad things people do? Yeah, well, here's my list, except it's probably not OK.
1) Instead of packing (ha!), I spent an afternoon watching episodes of John Green playing FIFA. Can somebody tell me to stop? I have this dreadful fear that I'm going to be unpacking in my dorm room with Swindon Town in the background, and some Legitimate Law Student is going to hear me under my door, and be like, QUICK, EVERYBODY SHUN HER. And then I'll cry. And watch more John Green playing FIFA.
2) When I get rejected, I immediately go stalk the shit out of that agent's Twitter feed in fear that he/she will have tweeted something like, just read an absolutely atrocious query, omg, I lol-ed for twenty minutes in my office, the writer should go die. This is a product of my embarrassment when I get rejected, because I feel overwhelmingly bad that I made whichever agent read my drivel. I should not feel this way, I know, but it's sort of a gut reaction.
3) Mm, I wrote some Paul and Percy fan fiction a few days ago. It made me feel good about myself after writing original fiction that made me feel bad about myself. I am not ashamed.
4) Even though I never get homesick, I have a gripping fear that I will end up being paralyzed with homesickness when I move (which is at the end of this week, AHH). I am more afraid that the homesickness will prevent me from going out and enjoying being on my own, in a different part of the country, surrounded by really intelligent, interesting people, etc. Meh. I guess I won't know until it's upon me.
5) I wonder if my taste in books is messed up? I've spent a very long time (think: months) reading a book that I am determined to finish, because it's been reviewed to the heavens, and everybody loves it. However, I have gotten through over half of the book, and I have never gotten to a moment where I felt this book was anything better than having pretty language and being publishable. I am concerned for myself. What am I missing???
6) I have those gummy vitamins (because who wants to take any other kind?) and I sometimes eat more than the recommended amount (mainly when I'm hungry). Because they're delicious. Can you overdose on vitamins? I sure hope not.
7) I totally shipped incest in SERAPHINA. Not even on purpose.