Monday, November 18, 2013

My Favorite Pep Talks

I wrote 1,091 words today. Damn, I have no idea how I did 1,667 every day for 30 days in '09. It took me two and a half hours to write a thousand, and it felt like pulling teeth. I am also, I guess, in the swampy middle, so that doesn't help.

Anyway, I lurk on the pep talks for NaNoWriMo every now and again because they're fun to read and they make me feel so noble, you know? Like I'm doing some task that betters mankind (when in reality, I am bettering nobody's life right now, except maybe my own mental health).

I still really love John Green's and Lemony Snicket's. Both from 2010. Wow, I missed a good year.

And of course, Maureen Johnson's. Because that was 2009, and I remember reading it, and it made me feel a lot better at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment