Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Last Olympian Cover (!!!)

Here it is at last:

http://rickriordan.blogspot.com  ---->  Sorry, apparently the picture is bandwidth restricted.

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?  I totally called it.  It's black.  And that is Percy, wielding Riptide and riding Blackjack under Mount Olympus.  I'm not going to lie, it's a little too generic for my tastes, since The Battle of the Labyrinth was the first to actually show an important scene on the cover, I hoped TLO would go the same way.  But maybe it's better this way so I don't go crazy with predictions.  Yeah, I scanned the cover for a couple minutes trying to see if there were little hints in the clouds or something, but everything seems ordinary.  At any rate, I still think it's gorgeous.  There's also this splendid interview on Mr. Riordan's blog with Percy and Blackjack.  I would copy and paste, but it's a bit long, so go check it out.  

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.  I was fidgety through all of my classes because I just wanted to get home and see it!  Wait!  There's a piercing light behind Blackjack's head!  Maybe it's significant! Maybe it's...Zoe!  I don't know.  You know what I think?  I think there should be an aerial battle in this one.  I would assume that Zeus would let go of his prejudice for two seconds and not blast Percy out of the sky, since his nephew is kind of fighting on his side.  

I'm stopping myself before I burst open in excitement.  

Otherwise, The Project is going well.  Hera has appeared, and Meg will set off soon to kick some butt.  Something I recently realized: I don't know what Persephone or Hera look like.  I made it up.  I hope that's okay.  :-)

-*Edit*-

I've had a request to summarize my story and put up an excerpt, but right now, I'm wary about intellectual theft issues.  I'm checking up on that, and if there aren't any problems, I may eventually post Chapter 1.  Be excited.  It's a beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment