Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spare Ends and Such

I adore Chapter 12.  It is officially my favorite chapter written so far.  I mean, I don't think you can lose when there's a battle with skeletons. Skeleton battles pretty much trump everything.

So, as I am in a fairly good place in my writing world, I will share the fun origin of my story.  I did not randomly wake up one day and decide to put this story to paper because it was so fantastic.  I came up with the idea two years ago rather out of the blue, but at that time, it was far less developed and doesn't really resemble what's going on paper right now.  Megara was still the main character, and the setting was the same, but that's it.  Also, at the time, one of the first things I came up with for this idea was the title.  It's a hideous thing.  Are you ready for it?  

"Til Death Do Us Part."  Cue laughter.  I am fully aware that it sounds like a cross between a shameless romance novel and a Lifetime movie.  And that is why my YA fantasy (not romance!) novel is unnamed right now.  It does have a temporary name, but I'll reveal that later.  It's not that exciting; don't hold your breath.  So, technically, my novel is the result of two years of informal plotting. The official plot didn't even materialize until last week, so there you go.

This upcoming week will be busy, busy, busy with schoolwork, and I think the novel will have to take a backseat.  Sad.  I'd wanted to get quite a bit done.

Tomorrow is the start of "Drop the Needle!"  I must get up early and try to submit before everybody else.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment