Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dissatisfaction

I was going to write 1,000 words tonight and finish the chapter. Unfortunately, the chapter clearly ended 700 words into my writing, so I cheapskated out and stopped.  Chapter 14 isn't my best work.  It may need to undergo some surgery later.  I also kind of hate the extreme romantic angle it took.  It's necessary at some point, but I didn't pull it off very well.  I excuse myself on the basis that it's 2:50 am, and I forced myself to eek out 700 anyway.  It's an accomplishment.

And now back to studying.  Or maybe that'll wait until tomorrow morning.  Ugh, the plot must move along, and Theseus needs to stop being such a wimp!  Grrr.  I don't know what to do with him.  He's making me angry.
----------------
I forgot, in all my frustration, that I crossed the 40k barrier, theoretically.  Practically, it's at 37k, because of the deleted chapter, but 40k sounds so much better for my self-esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment