Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So Close I Can Smell It Update

I have finished Chapter 23.  I have hit 70,000.  I have exactly one chapter and one epilogue left.  I'm ever so close.  I should hold off tonight and wait until tomorrow to write--it would be more polished and a lot less rushed, but I want to write the ending so badly.

I mean, I've dreamed of the ending since the novel started.  I'm so close!   I might pull a late night and just finish it.  I want to.  I want to. I have to get up early tomorrow, but who cares?  I want to write the ending, dammit!  Excuse me.  I'm just quite excited.

Oh.  Other fun news.  Tomorrow, I will be in the batch of "First 1000 Words" hosted by Authoress.  I'm thrilled to get some critiques, but also very scared!  Scared of criticism, but I know I need it.  I also happen to think the first chapter is terrible.  And too graphic for a YA. Ugh, I'll be so stressed out when I check the comments tomorrow.  

Also, the Percy Jackson tweets?  Not helping my anxiety (even though I love and need them desperately, like the addict I am).  Book comes out in little over a month.  Stop teasing me.  Rachel has a big part in the last battle.  Get out of my life, Rachel.  Seriously.  Grrr. Yeah, I'm aware nobody understands my drivel except me.  I admit that I have a problem with books.  I get super obsessed with one series for a while, and then I drop it when I find the next series to fangirl.  I'm attached to literary characters.  What can I say?

So.  Onto the end of the journey.  I love you, Meg!  I love you, Theseus!  I love you, Atalanta!  I hope you love your ending as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on hitting the 72k word count! Impressive... Looks like you are getting to the end soon.

    On a side note, I am planning to start a blogging chain and thought you might be interested. The information is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete