|EDIT: To prove I am not making this up|
Books I have on my desk:
1) CLEAN by Amy Reed
2) UNBREAK MY HEART by Melissa Walker
3) HER FEARFUL SYMMETRY by Audrey Niffenegger
4) HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS by J.K. Rowling
5) WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman
6) PAPER TOWNS by John Green
7) THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green
8) ALL THESE LIVES by Sarah Wylie
Also, my Kindle is here too, but those are the paper copies I have, some purchased, some from the library. In addition, I have a book of idioms by the Oxford English Dictionary because one of my characters is an international student from China and while his English is good, he sucks at idioms.
Youtube videos I have open (this is sort of embarrassing, but I promised I was going to put it all out there straight and not make myself seem cool):
1) Sunburn by Owl City
2) One Thing by One Direction
3) Random vlogbrothers video (specifically, I'm Not Going Down: Thoughts From Amsterdam)
4) Beneath A Moonless Sky from Love Never Dies, the horrible sequel Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote for Phantom of the Opera -- it resembles bad fan fiction with a pretty score, but remains my musical guilty pleasure
Other miscellaneous things I have on my desk:
1) bowl of grapes
3) empty cup
4) CAN OF BEER -- seriously I just noticed a can of Milwaukee's Best Miller Lite on my desk, no idea where it came from as I swear, I do not drink beer while I'm writing (I do not drink beer in most circumstances because it's gross). Wine occasionally, but beer? Come on, I have more class than that. Now I'm wondering how long this beer has been sitting here without me noticing.
5) box of markers and colored pencils -- I also have no explanation for this
6) various receipts -- I use them as bookmarks because I dislike actual bookmarks
Yup. I need to take a break. And clean. Probably.
Happy Fourth of July! I will be back in the blogosphere next week.